Here we are at Book Beat Babes, our new blog site. New beginnings bring forth new affirmations and I want to take this opportunity to reaffirm my commitment as a writer and as a contributor to this new blog site. To affirm is to declare one is equal to a challenge and to accept the challenge. It also means to grow in that challenge. So I plan to spread my wings and flourish as a writer. I have chosen this path, accepted the knowledge that work awaits me and I can not, will not, give up along the way. I will continue in this new direction with dedication and a lot of gutsy determination. Will I fail? Of course. But I will also endeavor to persevere!
To help me stay on the path, I've started a list to follow and add to. (Feel free to share your ideas with me!)
- I need to write everyday!
- I will keep my dream alive!
- My dream is to write the best story I can imagine.
- I will not run from failure.
- I will not fear success.
- Final choices will always be mine to make.
- I will explore new marketing strategies.
- I will write what I want to write.
- I will share my knowledge with others.
- I will not let rejections stop me.
- I will keep my dream alive!!!!!!
My Affirmation as a writer, to YOU, the reader:
I am a writer. I take random words and meld them into stories that move your heart and mind. I connect with your emotions, your imagination, your fears and dreams.
I can make you laugh, I can make you cry. I can make you stay up past your bedtime!
I can take you into the future or slip into the past. You will go where I take you, for I am the writer and I pray, if I have done my job, you will always enjoy the ride.
Til next time ~
PS: perhaps you have an affirmation of your own ~ feel free to re-dedicate it with us today!