Book Beat Babes

Book Beat Babes

Sunday, December 22, 2013

All I Want for Christmas...

...is a really good Christmas story to read.

I love everything about this time of year: hanging with family and friends, cookies, decorations, even the snow. And I love cuddling in with Christmas stories. I have a file on my Kindle especially for holiday stories and I couldn't wait to dive in this year.

Sadly, I've been a bit disappointed. I just can't seem to find one that evokes the warmth and coziness of the season. I've read five Christmas stories so far: One was really cute, so I saved it for another read-through at some point. One was good, but probably nothing I'd pick up again. One or two have been okay in the sense that the Christmas aspects were there, but the writing left something to be desired. And one really had nothing to do with Christmas other than there being a Christmas tree in the hotel room. This one was at least well-written, but a bit too erotic for me. Now, I do like my romance on the spicy side, but erotica isn't really my cup of tea.

The irony of this is I've been participating in Melissa Snark's "Twenty Five Days of Christmas Stories" (In fact I'm featured over there today.) and there have been some awesome books that have come through. But I figured I should read what I already have, before downloading anything new. Turns out I'm thinking that was a bit of a mistake.

Oh well. There's always next year, right? And I can probably squeeze in a few more stories for this season as well.

If you have any holiday recommendations, I'd love to hear from you...

Merry Christmas from our house to yours!
Until next time,

Happy Reading!

Debra
www.debrastjohnromance.com

1 comment:

  1. Pretty picture of your house! Very Christmasy!
    I've also been disappointed with Christmas stories this year. It seems they've been written with only the objective of cashing in on a Holiday, and are not holding my interest.

    Morgan Mandel
    http://www.morganmandel.com

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT HERE.