Book Beat Babes

Book Beat Babes

Sunday, January 26, 2014

A Bit More Productive

Compared to last week's post on procrastination, I'm pleased to report I've been a bit more productive this week.

It all came down to making a list.

Instead of having a vague I have so many things to do mantra floating around in my head, I took some time to write down what specific things I needed to accomplish. Not only did it focus me, but there's something immensely satisfying about checking things off as I get them done. As of the writing of this post, we're about halfway through the weekend, and I'm about halfway through my list. Not too shabby. Plus I've managed to throw in things not on the list like laundry and a trip to Menards. And I've gotten some reading time in.

So, all in all, I'm feeling pretty good about what I'm getting done these days.

When you have a million things to do, how do you organize yourself to make sure you're staying on task?

Until next time,

Happy Reading!

Debra
www.debrastjohnromance.com

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it a great feeling, time management and organization.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lately, what I've been doing is writing on a slip of paper what absolutely needs to be done the next day, and making sure I do it. The list is usually small, only one or two things, and it makes me feel good to get them done. Unfortunately, there are some long range items I'll need to tackle soon, such as getting the dreaded income tax stuff ready. I always say I'll work on it every month, but that goal lasts maybe one or two months, and then I procrastinate.

    Morgan Mandel

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT HERE.