Book Beat Babes

Book Beat Babes

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Making a Lot of Headway

In the past two weeks I've gone from procrastinating to getting a lot done. Having two unexpected days off this past week because of the extreme cold definitely helped matters.

I've officially completed everything on my to do list:

E-mailed the Spring Fling bookseller with a list of my titles and ISBNs - check.

E-mailed the Spring Fling committee with my bio and other pertinent information - check.

Created an ad for the Spring Fling program - check.

E-mailed said ad to the appropriate person - check.

Paid my Chicago-North dues - check.

Finished writing and e-mailed a couple of guest blogs - check.

And, not only did I finish everything on the list, but I did a few extra things as well.

I created a post card for The Vampire and the Vixen and placed an order for it and orders to replenish my supply of postcards for A Christmas to Remember and An Unexpected Blessing. I'll be using these at the Spring Fling book signing in April. These were due to arrive at the end of this week, but I received a nice surprise when they were delivered yesterday.

And...the most exciting unexpected thing I accomplished was to...

sign my new contract! On Monday I received an e-mail from my editor offering me a contract for Family Secrets! (Feel free to join in the Happy Dancing!) The whole process for this book moved at warp speed. (One of the things I love, love, love about a small press.) It went from query to contract offer in less than a month. You gotta love that, right?

Which means that soon I'll have another to do list to tackle as I'll be receiving a manuscript information sheet, a cover art sheet, and of course the first round of edits. And since the basketball season is winding down, I should actually have time to work on those things. Yay.

Until next time,

Happy Reading!

Debra
www.debrastjohnromance.com

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new contract, Deb!
    And for completing your to-do list! Your list was a great reminder that I need to finish some of the items there also. So far, I've paid my dues, but nothing else.
    However, I am making headway on writing A Perfect Angel, the sequel to Her Handyman, and am about halfway through.

    Morgan Mandel
    http://www.morganmandel.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, yay...I can't wait to read that one...is the main character the ex-fiancé?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb ~
    congrats!!!!! Great things do happen in the dead of winter! Happy writing!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT HERE.