Book Beat Babes

Book Beat Babes

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Letting Things Slide

I've come to the conclusion that there just aren't enough hours in the day. Okay, this isn't a brilliant, new revelation. I'm sure most people feel that way. But when I start feeling that way, I know something's got to give. Something is going to slip through the cracks and slide away.

Unfortunately, more often than not these days (and for a while now), that something is my writing. It's been the easiest thing to let go, since I'm not working on any kind of external deadline. I haven't written anything new in almost, or is it over, a year, and I've attended probably one of my local RWA chapter meetings.

Do I still consider myself a writer? Sure. Just a part-time one these days. Since I have managed to somehow have a new book coming out in August.

I'm hoping that with the school year ending soon (in a matter of weeks), that I'll have more time to devote to writing. I'm seriously weighing the pluses and minuses of blogging on three blogs each week and will decide if I want to continue that or not. I still find I have ideas for stories spinning in my head, and I'm not ready to quit altogether, but I'm definitely taking a step back.

And you know what? I'm okay with that.

Until next time,

Happy Reading!

Debra
www.debrastjohnromance.com

1 comment:

  1. I understand completely, Deb. Maybe it was the harsh winter and now long, ugly spring. But EVERYTHING has stock-piled. I'm feeling really over whelmed right now. Trying to take deep breaths and put things in order - but never quite succeed.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT HERE.