Book Beat Babes

Book Beat Babes

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Goal!

No, I'm not a big soccer fan, even though much of the world is focused on the sport these days.

What I'm excited about is meeting one of my goals. A biggie.

My WIP is at about 27,000 words, a bit longer than I anticipated, and the first draft will be finished today. Yay! I have about five pages to go to finish a scene, and then that's it. For the first round.

Of course my work on the mss is far from finished, but accomplishing the goal of getting the first draft done is huge. Now I'll set it aside for a couple of days while we're out of town, and then I'll come back to it and do a read-through and begin tackling revisions and rewrites. From there I'll do several rounds of edits and maybe hand it over for a beta read.

The next goal will be to have it submitted by the middle of August when I go back to work. Now the timing of that might be tricky as if it gets contracted, I'll be doing book edits and galleys just when things are getting busy at work, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

But the first step is finishing up today...wish me luck!

Until next time,

Happy Reading!

Debra
www.debrastjohnromance.com

Family Secrets - coming August 1 from The Wild Rose Press

2 comments:

  1. You are amazing, Debra! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! Good luck - we know you can do it!!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT HERE.