Book Beat Babes

Book Beat Babes

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Read-Through Day

This past week I accomplished my goal and finished the first draft of my WIP. Yay!

Then I let it sit for a couple of days. Now it's time for an official read-through. I've never read the story from start to finish, and this one has been written piece-meal all over the place, so I'm curious to see how the story flows and if everything works. Are the characters reacting properly at the proper time? Does their emotional character arc work? Is the story in the right order?

I printed out a copy of the mss, punched holes, and put in in a binder for easier reading and marking. I've gathered my sticky notes, pens, and highlighter.

This stage of a story is a lot of fun. To take what I've created and make it cleaner, stronger, better. The story is told...now it's time to make it shine.

Until next time,

Happy Reading!

Debra
www.debrastjohnromance.com

Family Secrets - coming August 1 - available NOW in paperback from The Wild Rose Press

2 comments:

  1. I don't do that anymore--I never print it out--but your "equipment" makes me wish I did! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a great method. I usually just read mine on the computer, make changes, then go back to it again. Aside from the printing part, your way sounds better. No going back and forth and getting out of the flow.






















    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT HERE.