Book Beat Babes

Book Beat Babes

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Living Vicariously

As an author I live vicariously all the time.

Most of my heroines tend to have curly or wavy hair...mine is stick, stick straight.

My stories are usually set in small towns...I live in a Chicago suburb, but I'm a country gal at heart.

In A Christmas to Remember I had the hero give the heroine skiing lessons...I've never been. I'm sure I'd break a leg at the very least.

In An Unexpected Blessing my heroine works at a book store...I wish! Although I'd probably ending up owing money instead of receiving a paycheck each week.

My heroes are always tall...my hubby, whom I adore...is only a couple of inches taller than me.

Today, I'm living vicariously in real life. My parents sold their house this weekend and are looking to buy a new one. However, to add a twist, they are currently in Florida doing their Snowbird thing. So my sister and my hubby and I are going house-shopping for them today. They looked up a few listings on line and are sending us out with their realtor to check them out before they get back into town. We are instructed to take lots of notes, send pictures, and call if we need to.

When we bought our house, we never 'shopped around'. It was the house literally across the street from the one we were renting. So, like a said...living vicariously. Fun!

Until next time,

Happy Reading!

Debra
www.debrastjohnromance.com

If you're looking for a cozy, small town Thanksgiving read, check out An Unexpected Blessing from The Wild Rose Press.

2 comments:

  1. That's what reading and writing is all about - living vicariously! We go places and do things we can only attempt in our imagination. Sometimes, it's better that way. A lot safer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! We can make our characters get into all kinds of trouble while we are safe at our desks typing away. Have fun checking out the houses!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT HERE.