Book Beat Babes

Book Beat Babes

Sunday, February 1, 2015

The Light at the End of the Tunnel

"Christmas at The Corral" is nearly ready to send off to my editor. I'm aiming to have the query e-mail and synopsis out to her by the end of the week, nearly a month and a half before the holiday submission deadline at TWRP.

I've done a complete read-through, tweaked, fixed, and rewritten a few spots, and have started on the 'word' edits. You know, those searches for 'that', 'saw' 'felt', etc. I'll finish that up this week, and then go through and do some formatting per the TWRP Authors' Guidebook. While in the midst of that, I need to write the synopsis and phrase my query letter. After a final complete read-through, I'll send the query off.

It's always exciting to get to this stage of a project. Of course, then comes the waiting: for a request for a full (fingers crossed), and after that an offer of a contract (fingers AND toes crossed).

In the meantime, I've been thinking about what project to start next. I really enjoyed my new routine of writing everyday at a specific time, and I'd like to get back to that. (During edits the routine has been a little off.) Two options I have for what to work on are the first in a new three-book series I've planned, or another Corral spin-off: I have ideas for a Fourth of July one, a New Years Eve one, and a Valentine's Day one. In the way, way back of my mind I have an idea for a time travel. We'll have to see what mood strikes me when I sit down after next week.

Until next time,

Happy Reading!

Debra
www.debrastjohnromance.com


One Great Night - available now from The Wild Rose Press

3 comments:

  1. Glad you're making such great progress, Debra! And, all your ideas sound like fun. After doing my Christmas short read, I've been thinking of doing more holiday stories also. It was an enjoyable experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holiday stories are fun, and there's always a great market for them, which is another plus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debra ~ you've really got things going all in the same direction - sounds wonderful. Keep at it~

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT HERE.