Book Beat Babes

Book Beat Babes

Sunday, February 8, 2015

The Perks of Being a Regular

Just about everywhere you go these days you can get a rewards card for frequent visits. The more I eat at Panera, the quicker I stack up freebies and other perks. The more coffee I drink at Starbucks, the sooner I get a freebie there. I even get rewarded for working out and eating healthy via a point system through my insurance program.

This past week, I found out about another perk for being a regular.

We were home on a snow day on Monday, so I decided it was the perfect opportunity to finish a few final edits of my WIP, do one last read-through, write a synopsis, and send off a query. My editor is usually very quick to respond, and this time around was no exception. However, this time around, I received a pleasant surprise. Instead of answering back with a 'send the mss', she noted 'you didn't attach the mss'. When I questioned her about the comment, she said that returning authors can send the full mss with their query and synopsis; it was a perk of being a regular.

This was news to me. I don't know if this is new policy at TWRP, or at this point I've been around long enough to have achieved this status (the mss I sent was my 11th with them), or if it's her personal preference. Whatever it was, I was thrilled. It will certainly take out one step of the finger crossing ritual. Now, instead of waiting to hear back about a request for a full, I can simply send everything at once and wait for the offer of a contract (fingers AND toes crossed). :)

There are definitely advantages to being a regular!

Until next time,

Happy Reading!

Debra
www.debrastjohnromance.com

One Great Night - available now from The Wild Rose Press

3 comments:

  1. Marvelous! The only drawback would be if you didn't have your manuscript ready, but in this case, you did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TWRP's turnaround time is so fast, I always have the mss read to go when I query. My editor usually gets back to me the same day. I'm so spoiled.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT HERE.