Book Beat Babes

Book Beat Babes

Friday, March 20, 2015

Marketing for Writers



I’ve been doing some research about marketing because you can sink a whole bunch of money and time into trying to market your book and I'm interested in the most cost and time efficient ways to marketing a book.  Just slapping it up on a website isn’t going to provide the best odds for selling your book anymore, not sure it ever did.  If you build it, they won’t necessarily come and buy it.

I found some interesting resources in my how-to-market journey and I thought that I’d quickly share some of those.

The first is from a site titled Author Media with a subtitle of Making Writers Famous Online.  They have a blog entry titled 89+ Book Marketing Ideas That Will Change Your Life.  They’ve broken their recommendations into categories such as, Build Your Fan Base and Build Your Brand Offline so it is well worth a review.  I really like how they’ve presented their recommendations.  The jury is still out on how feasible it is to accomplish all of the items on the list but having a list to work from is a huge step in the overall process of marketing your book.  Here’s the link:


Another site to peruse is Marketing Tips for Authors. With posts such as Why Authors Should Use Video to Promote Their Books there are lots of tidbits and food for thought in case you get stuck on how and why to do some aspect of marketing your book.  Here’s the link:


Here’s the link to the guide to using video from a marketing expert:


One of the more interesting references I stumbled across was the Amazon link to Guerrilla Marketing for Writers with a subtitle of 100 Weapons for Selling Your Work.  This book has been around for awhile with updates along the way and I haven’t read it myself but one of the reviews at Amazon is quite enlightening.  As the reviewer points out, the book authors’ overarching philosophy is that writers need to think more like entrepreneurs than writers when marketing their books.  This might explain some of that relentless and "assertive" behavior by some writers at conferences.

Here’s the link to the book and the review at Amazon:


2 comments:

  1. These are great. I'm always looking for new and unique ways to market my books. I can't wait to check out the links. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many ways to market, so little time! I always wonder about videos being effective or not, since in this fast paced world, I'm not sure how many people stop to look at videos.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT HERE.