Book Beat Babes

Book Beat Babes

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Life Intrusions

I was rolling along with a new project, getting writing time in everyday and making some decent progress with my page counts.

Unfortunately, it's a busy time of year, and I haven't put fingers to keys in over a week. It's nearing the end of the school year, so there are a lot of finishing-up type projects going on in addition to the day-t-day routine of grading papers, lesson planning, and 'crowd control'. We have two faculty members retiring, so I'm planning a luncheon and the gifts for that. The weather has been beautiful, so there's been yard work to do. And I got my galley files back on Christmas at The Corral which I haven't touched yet.

In my writers' group we call these things 'life intrusions'. What it comes down to is my WIP will languish for a bit. And I have to be okay with that. Something has got to give if I don't want to wind up a giant stress ball...well, more than I am already...so it's going to be that. I have to make myself not worry about it. All in good time, I'll get back to it.

Until next time,

Happy Reading!

Debra
www.debrastjohnromance.com

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I had lots of life intrusions, and strayed from my WIP. I'm happy to say I'm back on track, and hope to finish the book. I had some research that needed to be done, yet no time or inclination to get it done, but I've made some progress now in that regard.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT HERE.