Book Beat Babes

Book Beat Babes

Sunday, June 14, 2015

It's All About Routine

One of my favorite things about summer is there's no routine. I can do what I want, when I want, for how long I want. It's been less than a week since I officially finished school for the summer, and I've already crossed a few things off of my summer to-do list and started on a couple others.

Trouble is...I've touched nothing that has to do with writing. For that, my time is too open ended for me. I need some discipline when it comes to writing. A deadline. A routine. And right now, I don't have that. It's still early, but I definitely need to do something to kick that into gear, or the summer will slip away from me and I'll have accomplished...nothing.

So, even though it's a foot-loose-and-fancy-free summer, I'm going to have to buckle down and set up some sort of writing routine. Dare I say it? It needs to become more like a summer job. I need to allocate time for it. Each and every day.

I'm thinking of going back to the routine I used when I wrote Christmas at The Corral this past winter. Each night after my shower, before the hubby and I settled into our movie for the night, I'd sit down and write. The water seemed to get the ideas flowing, and I was able to finish the novella in a record seventeen days. There's no reason that strategy can't work again for my current WIP.

Yep, I'm going to have to give it a shot. It's past time to get this party started.

Until next time,

Happy Reading!

Debra
www.debrastjohnromance.com

1 comment:

  1. Yes, routine definitely helps. I need to establish a better one, and buckle down. My discipline is sorely lacking. Lots of other stuff that leads me astray.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT HERE.