Book Beat Babes

Book Beat Babes

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Throw Back Thursday Hooks Up with National Poetry Month! by DL Larson

Throw Back Thursday has spread across our nation and many enjoy searching through old photo albums to find ancient pictures of their loved ones to share on Facebook, Twitter and other social medias.TV broadcasters and talk show hosts have posted their old pictures as well during their prime-time slots.

Below is my family in 1985.My staircase is full of these kinds of pictures. We took family photos during our vacations, usually wearing era costumes. This one was taken in the Ozarks.



As my kids grew, my writing developed right along with them.The following is a poem I wrote in 1997.I must have been feeling melancholy that my kids were growing up.
It called, 'Giving to Receive.'

After the pain, the struggle
of hard work,
Jubilation roars through my weariness.

After rejoicing at the cry
of air-filled lungs,
Relief whispers through my soul.

After seeing, gazing upon
such tiny perfection,
Wonder jumps into my eyes.

After the touch, the caress
of love at first sight,
Awe nestles against my heart.

After a long, weepy sigh of contentment,
I thank the Almighty,
For the miracle of life.


April is National Poetry Month.Try writing a poem this month!Topics are endless ... from your past to your present and beyond.Dream, reflect, and grow in the words you created.

Til next time ~

DL Larson


4 comments:

  1. I love those old-timey portraits. I have one of us on the Titanic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great poetry. I'm not even going to try. Mine would not be one quarter as good as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love doing old time photos! As for the poetry, Morgan - I'm a bit worried I put it out there. My poetry is not usually open to the public. Must have been feeling really brave today! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photo and poetry. Throw Back Thursdays explains why I've seen so many oldies but goodies on fb recently.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT HERE.