Book Beat Babes

Book Beat Babes

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Just Do It

I woke up with a summer cold today. I didn't feel like getting up, but knew eating breakfast would be best for me.

Then there was the matter of Rascal, my dog. I could throw her into the fenced yard and let her do her thing, but she looked forward to her walks and I knew one would be good for both of us.

I was right on both counts. Rascal ran around the house in jubilation afterward, and my head actually felt clearer. To make things even better, I took a cough drop.

The same is true about writing. It's so easy to play on the Internet or decide to tackle jobs around the house instead, but if you're a writer like me, the best medicine is to start or finish a book. Sometimes it's hard. You might have an idea for a book, but don't know how to start it. Or, you might be stuck somewhere in between and can't seem to get the right words out.

Just do it. If not, it'll never get done, and you'll feel worse for not having made the effort. And, after you've finished writing your book, get an editor for that extra help to make sure it's polished.

Find all of Morgan Mandel's romances and
mysteries at her Amazon Author Page:
http://amazon.com/author/morganmandel

Excerpts are at:
http://morgansbooklinks.blogspot.com

Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/morgan.mandel

Twitter: @MorganMandel


2 comments:

  1. Great advice. I certainly need to follow it these days. We're heading off on vacation this afternoon and I plan on taking a notebook with me...just in case inspiration strikes and my muse wakes up. You never know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to remember, Morgan. thanks

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT HERE.