Book Beat Babes

Book Beat Babes

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

The Other Side of the Street

Since the Park District had spread chemicals in and around the small park where I usually walk my dog, Rascal, for over a week I took an alternate route.

Instead of walking around the park, we walked on the sidewalks across from the park. It was quite refreshing to see what I'd missed on the other side of the street. Along with catching a glimpse of the houses, instead of the park, I even came upon what looked like a squirrel party, where the homeowners had spread peanuts around their tree, and the squirrels were having a feast. No fears that Rascal would chase them. Now that she's close to ten years old, she doesn't consider squirrels worth the bother. They're just part of the landscape to her.

Anyway, I did find it intriguing and refreshing to change our course for a bit.

After finishing A Perfect Angel, which is the sequel to Her Handyman, I decided I really must complete Always Young, the last of the trilogy of the same name. However, at times my brain gets fried and I need a change of pace.

When that happens, I go to the other side of the street and work on Wide Awake, a good twin/bad twin thriller I'd begun some time ago and never got around to finishing. 

I'm not sure which of the books I'll finish first, but at least if one side fails me, I can still go to the other side and find some fascinating fodder to get my brain back in action.

What about you? Do you stick to one WIP, or do you sometimes cross to the other side and work on another?



Morgan Mandel writes romances, mysteries & thrillers.
Find them all on her Amazon Author Page at:

Find excerpts from all of her books at Morgan's Book Links:
Twitter: @MorganMandel

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE COMMENT HERE.