Book Beat Babes

Book Beat Babes

Thursday, December 24, 2015

Making Ready For Christmas! by DL Larson

     MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

My family and I have been busy all Christmas season. This photo is the result of a charity my granddaughters had during our annual Caroling Party. These fun gifts will go to a family of ten girls who live at Mooseheart Child City and School. The request was for simple craft projects for the girls to do throughout the winter. I believe the donations will make the young girls very happy! A BIG thank you to all our family and friends for helping make this Christmas idea a reality!



 
This is the tree in my family room. My cat usually sits beneath it so he can look out the door. So far, he hasn't bothered climbing or exploring further. Let's hope he decides to be a good kitty for Christmas.


My grandson Colton and I worked on our annual gingerbread house. I was in charge of frosting while Colton decorated. He did a great job and we only had to chase after a few pesky beads that fell on the floor.

This is a live nativity our church does each Advent. I was a shepherd this year. We had a few sheep and a donkey as well. We stand for 30 minutes while the Christmas story is told over a loud speaker. Then we head back into the Fellowship Hall for hot chocolate and goodies. This year we had three sessions. It always helps me to remember the true meaning of Christmas when I take time to participate in events like this one.

 I hope everyone has a safe and meaningful Christmas. Beyond the unwrapping of presents and feasting on wonderful meals, and spending time with loved ones, please take a moment to count your blessings. I bet they are plentiful!  I know mine are.

Merry Christmas!

Happy Birthday Jesus!

DL Larson
www.DLLARSON.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE COMMENT HERE.