Book Beat Babes

Book Beat Babes

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Writing Contests & Workshops! by DL Larson

On any given day, opportunities to enter contests or attend workshops fill my email box. Today I discovered two worth sharing with you. Both are RWA sponsored, which tells me they are good quality and trustworthy. In other words, you will get your money's worth!

The Emily Contest:
This contest is for all levels of writers and highly acclaimed throughout the country. The price is reasonable and the feedback will be valuable for any writer. Three judges are used the first round and three finalists from each category move on to the next step. These final entries will be read by an editor AND an agent. What a great pull to get motivated to enter. The kicker ... no synopsis is necessary!  Can I have an AMEN, sister?!
Hurry though, the deadline is October 7.  Simply google: Emily Contest ~ it will take you where you need to go to learn more about this exciting contest!

Writing 21st Century Fiction:
The WindyCity RWA has put together an awesome workshop with master instructor, Donald Maass. Come prepared to dig deep at this workshop. It will be held March 13-14, 2015 at the Sheraton Lisle Hotel, Lisle IL. Space is limited, so don't hesitate, sign up today. Registration is now open to non-members. If you're interested in learning more, go to: http://www.windycityrwa.org/windy-city-retreat-registration/  

I googled Donald Maass. He definitely knows the business and after reading many of his blogs, I know I will benefit from attending his workshop. I'm really looking forward to this retreat.

All writers benefit from workshops and contests. I know I will never grow tired of learning something new or being reminded to write my best always. And ... spending time with other writers is the chocolate upon my sundae!  Love it!

Til next time ~

DL Larson
www.DLLARSON.com

PS: the 4th Grade Writers Workshop was fun. Enthusiasm abounded and participation reached 100%!!!  I read the 'Headless Horseman,' as I said I would. I'd forgotten how much children of any age loved to be read to! So keep reading aloud folks ~ it beats electronic gadgets any day!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE COMMENT HERE.