Book Beat Babes

Book Beat Babes

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Facebook Strategy

I keep hearing all kinds of dire predictions of not being able to use Facebook as well as before for promotion. One item I heard was that our author pages won't have as much reach as before.

Considering that I've been ignoring my author pages, and have focused instead on my profile page, I have a feeling that change won't affect me much. It's too crazy trying to keep up with a bunch of different pages. Seems better to concentrate on one and hope for the best, which is what I've been doing for quite some time now.

Some say to keep a professional page, but I do enjoy interacting with my Facebook friends, and I seem to get more satisfaction by doing that. Yes, I do happen to slip in promotions, publish excerpts, and use other methods so people know I'm an author, but there's only so much I can do.

I do enjoy changing the cover photo there, and often it does include one or more of my book covers, but my books are not all that's featured on my profile page. I like to add fun things, as well as what aggravates me as well. Here's a recent cover I drew up. Under the heart in this picture is where FB puts my profile pic, so that area is blank here.

And, in case you haven't figured it out, the background is a snow scene from my backyard. In this pic, I'm mixing personal with business. The tag line is Warmhearted Romances for Cold Days, which also fits in what's happening to me as a person, not only as an author, since it's mighty cold around here lately!


If you care to join me on Facebook, I'm at https://www.facebook.com/morgan.mandel


Click this short link to check out my romances and
mysteries at Amazon:

http://bitly.com/MMPage

Twitter: @MorganMandel

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE COMMENT HERE.