Book Beat Babes

Book Beat Babes

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Fun and Games at Tax Time!

I've been trying to get my tax stuff together for the accountant, so haven't had time to do much else. Every year, I promise myself to be more organized. I thought I'd done better this year, but discovered I still had tons of stuff to get ready. It's almost all together now.

Yesterday, I had one drawback. I list various categories on Excel spreadsheets each year and save the file with the year name and the category. I'd pulled up the prior year's spreadsheet in one category and made a number of entries into it and saved it. Then, I realized I'd automatically saved it under the old name, which meant I'd lost the version from last year on my computer. Yes, I have a printed copy, but it's still not the same.

Fortunately, my subscription to Carbonite came in handy. At first, I looked and couldn't find the prior version before I'd made the changes, but then I read their instructions again, and found the one saved last year, and was able to recover it.

So, it does pay to have a backup system!

Today, I'm going to wrestle with why Amazon sent me two statements for receipts, and neither matches what they deposited into my writing account.

So, my advise is you can never be too organized when it comes to taxes. Also, get a backup system if you don't have one!



Find Morgan Mandel's
Romances, Mysteries & Thrillers
at http://amazon.com/author/MorganMandel

Excerpts at: http://morgansbooklinks.blogspot.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/morgan.mandel

Twitter: @MorganMandel

4 comments:

  1. Backing up is always a good plan. As is staying organized.

    We're having someone do our taxes this year, and it's kind of making me crazy not being in control of the whole process. We'll see how it all turns out, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be glad to get rid of my stuff to the accountant.I do try to make it as easy as possible for him, so he won't spend that much time and charge as much. He'll figure out what to do after I hand over all my lists and evidence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're meeting our accountant this morning ... will be glad when it's behind us!!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT HERE.