Book Beat Babes

Book Beat Babes

Monday, December 16, 2013

Thankful for...

As the season of giving is upon us, it's a good time to reflect on what we have to be thankful for.

And no, it's not the Hallmark cards or the never-ending display of must have's you didn't realize you needed continually parading past on TV.

Besides the obvious - health, having some kind of job and not being on the street - 2013 was a good year, despite the economy.

Some highlights included:

* Still being able to write despite the changing world of newspapers. They remain my first love though it is getting challenging to stay in that field at all.

* Having my first horror-zombie-ya-sci fi book out. I enjoyed writing GIRL Z: My Life as a Teenage Zombie  and hope to continue finding new readers and enthusiasts.

* Being nominated for a Lovey Award for Best Paranormal - Sci Fi - Horror novel. We'll see what 2014 holds when I attend the Love is Murder Mystery conference in Feb.

* GIRL Z being named the young adult winner of the Halloween Book Festival.

*  Continuing to be part of a fun, supportive and interesting writer's group and having supportive writer friends who share writing opportunities. You never stop learning.

*  I appreciate the writers and collectors I've met online. It's fun to share their successes and go along the writing journey with them.

* I especially appreciate readers willing to give a book a chance and get to know an author they may not have known before. It's a treat getting feedback when someone enjoys your book and your writing.

So, what are you thankful for? Share some of your writing highlights for 2013!

Here's to an even better 2014 and a dwindling of trolls spreading their 1 and 2 star sour "reviews" everywhere!


3 comments:

  1. I am thankful for the two books I had published this year, my author friends who keep me going when my muse deserts me, and the return of my muse, which won't leave me alone right now despite having zero time to write. We definitely need to work on her timing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now, I'm thankful for being a writer, although at times, when I run into snags, I'm not so thankful! I'm also thankful for my family and dog. Last but not least, I'm thankful for all my friends, the ones I know in person, the ones online, and the ones who are both!

    Morgan Mandel
    http://www.morganmandel.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thankful for the love of my family and friends. I'm thankful for the book release this year. And I'm especially thankful for the healthy, beautiful granddaughter born this September. Merry Christmas to all ~

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT HERE.