Book Beat Babes

Book Beat Babes

Monday, January 27, 2014

Dreams...

Do you remember dreaming about what you'd be when you grew up? The real question - did you follow that dream?

Well, my dream was to be an archaeologist, either study dinosaur bones or study hieroglyphics.

No, I didn't do either one.

But I did enjoy reading all the books I could on Egypt, learning to read the hieroglyphics, and still enjoy reading fiction on my favorite persons - Cleopatra and Nefertiti.

I did dream of wanting to write as a kid and began later with poetry. So, some dreams do come true.

And as a writer, I can still indulge my love of ancient Egypt and dinosaurs if I want, simply by putting them in a story!

I dreamed of writing fiction and books like my latest, GIRL Z: My Life as a Teenage Zombie.

Who says dreams don't come true?

** So.... what did you dream of doing - and did you accomplish it or take a different course?

3 comments:

  1. I gave myself low expectations and wanted to be a secretary, which I achieved. Then, later in life, I dreamt of being an author, and that actually happened!

    Morgan Mandel

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was little I wanted to be a teacher. I had my whole basement set up as a classroom and I'd teach imaginary students whenever I got the chance. These days, I've been teaching Third Grade for twenty years!

    Ever since high school I wanted to write a book: a romance. Yesterday I received a contract for my eighth title.

    Yep...dreams certainly can come true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to be like Lois Lane, the news reporter in Superman. I watched it right after school nearly every day and wanted to be just like her. I never really got into news reporting, but writing fiction is also fulfilling a dream!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT HERE.