Book Beat Babes

Book Beat Babes

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

A Twitter Trick by Morgan Mandel

In my previous post about Twitter, I discussed how to Connect on Twitter by using their Connect button. If you missed it, click this link:
Connect on Twitter by Using Connect.

This time, I'm offering a trick I've learned to circumvent one obstacle Twitter puts in the way to prevent spam. You may have run into this problem and can put my suggestion to use.

 CHANGE THE FORMAT A LITTLE,
OR A LOT. 
Twitter won't allow you to leave the same post twice in a row. Here's how I circumvent this:

  • I add a space in the next post. 
  • I add a space in a different spot in the next post after that, and either leave the first one I added in also, or remove it. If you have enough room in the post, you can try endless variations of the add one space or more trick.
  • If the post is exactly the right amount of characters and a space can't be added, I look for a place I can take one out, such as after a period. 
  • I change the word, and, into the symbol, &, instead.
  • I change written numbers into characters; i.e., substituting one for 1, etc.
  • I add a punctuation mark or take one out. I've even been known to, horror of horrors, remove a quotation mark at the end of a quote, when I'm really desperate. I really don't like doing that, but like I said, sometimes I get desperate!
  • I change the order of phrases in a post, putting the second one first, or in the middle, etc. 
  • I change the order of hashtagged words in a post. This is a very simple trick. If you're not using hashtags, get with the system!  So, a hashtagged word at the end of a post can be moved to the front or the middle, and vice versa. You'll find many variations for this trick, especially if you have more than one hashtag.  
  • I substitute hashtags. Sometimes, I can't fit all the hashtags I want to anyway in a post, so taking one out and putting another in will vary the post enough for Twitter's liking. Just one substitute hashtag can lead to many more posts, if you move that hashtag around.   
Well, that's my Twitter Trick. Have you already tried it? Or will you now?

Connect with me on Twitter at
@Morgan Mandel

Facebook: 

I love to write romantic comedies, romantic suspense, mysteries,
thrillers, and more. Find it all on my Amazon Author Page at: 
And on my Website:
http://www.morganmandel.com

6 comments:

  1. Good tricks of the trade. Now if I only had time to create and monitor and use a Twitter account!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not as hard as you may think. The good thing is you don't have to write a lot, only 140 characters each post! Also, it's easy to retweet and make someone else happy!

      Delete
  2. I don't know how to use Twitter effectively so this interests me.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMENT HERE.