Book Beat Babes

Book Beat Babes

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Battling Paper

Today, I first, spent over 1 1/2 hours shredding old papers which contained personal information.

Then, while I was on a roll, I decided to clean out my small file cabinet, with the object of removing it into the basement. I thought that project might take about an hour, but the project took much longer.

Battling paper is no fun. However, I did make a lot of progress. From two drawers, I now have two file envelopes left, one for me and one for the DH, along with a small container of business cards.

I don't know why I save so much paper. It sure takes up a lot of room!

That reminds me of all the books I donated to the library last year because they also took up a lot of room. I still have many left, which I couldn't bear parting with, especially the autographed ones from authors I know.

There is something to be said for the digital age, with all its faults. Computers and programs don't always work the way I want them to, but at least they don't take up much room!

By the way, for more punishment, I decided to get the Christmas cards ready today. I use postcards, because the DH and I send out so many, and the postage is less that way. Also, I use labels, which cuts down some of the time, but we both like to write little messages on some of them, and, yes, they are made of paper. I draw the line on sending e-cards, at least for now, unless they become terribly popular.

You never know. Once upon a time, not too long ago, e-books weren't popular.

Morgan Mandel at a March 28, 2010 book signing
for the print version of Killer Career.


Find all of Morgan's mysteries & romances for kindle at
http://www.amazon.com/author/morganmandel
Excerpts at http://morgansbooklinks.blogspot.com
Twitter: @MorganMandel







No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE COMMENT HERE.